Robert R Robles Law Firm can offer valuable insight to help you build a successful personal injury claim if you are injured in a car accident. There are steps you can take that will not only validate your claim, but also will help your attorney collect the damages you are owed.
Car accidents happen daily. Unfortunately, many result in severe injuries that require extensive medical help. Always contact a reputable personal injury attorney as soon as you are able following the accident.
Five things you should after an accident:
- 1. Stay at the scene of the accident – one of the most detrimental things you can do is leaving the scene of the accident. The implications can be severe and may result in hit-and-run charges. Even if you will be implicated on other issues, leaving the scene will only escalate the problems.
- 2. Check for injuries for yourself, your passengers and the other people involved in the accident if possible – call for emergency help if anyone shows even minor signs of an injury.
- 3. Call for police – not all accidents require police help. However, if the damage is extensive, cars are not drivable or if anyone is injured, you will need to call for police assistance.
- 4. Document everything – take photos of the damage and the surroundings of where the accident occurred. If you are unable to take the photos, ask someone else to take them for you. Gather witness contact information. Ask for a copy of the police report.
- 5. Contact your insurance company – no matter who is at fault, you will need to contact your insurance agent. Do not admit fault when telling the representative what occurred. The insurance company will gather the necessary information and determine who is at fault.
Personal Injury Representation in OKC
After you have taken the initial steps following your accident, you need to call Robert Robles in OKC. It is imperative for you to consult with an expert personal injury attorney to ensure you receive the damages you are owed for all of your expenses related to the accident. Do not settle for less than you deserve. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.